You can enable/disable right clicking from Theme Options and customize this message too.

Book Online

* Please Fill Required Fields *


Christening legal papers

You will need:

* A Valid passport or ID for the child.

* A Valid passport or ID for both parents.

* Original Full Length Birth Certificate for child which should include:
-child’s name & surname
-father’s / mother’s name & surname , mother’s maiden name

* If he child has Greek citizenship he/she needs certificate by their special Greek registry.

* Wedding certificate of parents.

Important notes:
*The Godfather must be baptized as Orthodox (needs certificate).
*After the Christening, you should declare the Christening to your special Greek registry.
* If one of the parents is a different religion than orthodox, he/she should fill a Statutory Declaration with his original signature, declaring that he/she consents to the Orthodox baptism of his/her child.
* For further information, please contact the parish office in person.

**Translations in Greek
All documents require to be translated ONLY by Greek authorities, such as the Greek Consulate or Embassy (in your city or country), the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the local Lawyers Associations (at the destination point). An independent translator with notary stamp IS NOT accepted by the church. All translators should be approved by the Greek Consulate or Embassy and legalized with the Apostille stamp.

Translation services can as well provided by us. All you need to do is to obtain your documents from the relevant offices, Legalize them with the Apostille Stamp, and then leave everything else to us.

**The “Apostille” / “Hague Stamp” legalization

An Apostille is a form of verification/Certificate that is used to document the competent Authority of the state from which the document originates, verifying the signature and seal of a notary or other public officer, so that the document bearing his/her signature and seal can take effect in countries which have ratified the Hague Convention for the Abolition of Consular Legalization of 1961. Notarization is a formality often require for documents which are to be used overseas, or for certifying document copies. Once a document has been notarized by a Notary Public, and if it is to be used overseas, it may need to be Apostilled. This means that the Notary’s signature and seal are certified by each country’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office. But having a document legalized doesn’t mean that its contents are accurate, and it does not carry any sort of official approval by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office will then attach an Apostille to the document. Once a document has been notarized and Apostilled, it then may need to be legalized by the Consulate of the country in which it will be used, if the country is not party to the Hague Convention.

Processing Documents / Contact: By post or In person
we recommend that documents are sent by recorded or special delivery.

for more information for the office in your country please click on the following link:




This post is also available in: Russian